Saturday, August 4, 2012

One day for child cancer

Last Monday I ran my first mini event at the local community centre for the "One day for child cancer" July fundraiser. I advertised in the local free papers and through the community centre, facebook and email chains via friends. It took me the best part of a week (around doing the mum jobs) to decide on my projects and then prep them all, sort out my displays, make cards and small gifts for people to buy. I did enjoy all the organisation of it and was pleased I started a week in advance as there was more to do than I realised.
On the day it was terribly rainy and the centre lady told me I would be lucky to get anyone...but over the day I had about 15 people come and visit and stay and make the projects and they all seemed to have a good time. We raised over $200 for child cancer and I gained 3 new ladies who want to come to classes. It was also a really great learning curve putting it all together. I was exhausted the next day...but happy.

I forgot to take photos til the end, so all my little gift items were mostly sold, but here is still an idea of my display table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment